25-Mar-2016 Düsseldorf / Germany
Professional insight: How to blow-dry your hair
Do you remember how healthy and shiny your hair was after your last visit to the hair salon? Great volume, a smooth surface and the perfect curl. In reality, blow-drying your hair at home can lead to a disaster – and yet proper blow-drying can be so easy. We have gathered a few tips to help you create a professional hairstyle at home.
Although the right maintenance is important, the right blow-drying technique also plays an essential role in providing plenty of bounce and volume for your hair. Make sure to use the right blow-dryer: It should have at least two different settings for temperature and air stream, as well as a low-temperature setting. Too long or too warm blow-drying can lead to permanent damage of your hair structure causing dry hair, split ends and an irritated scalp.
In addition, heat protectant spray, a paddle brush, a diffuser attachment or a large hair grip can help you blow-dry your hair safely.
7 blow-drying tips
These blow-drying tricks will ensure healthy and shiny hair:
- Tip 1: Avoid using the highest heat setting of your blow-dryer. A general rule is that it should feel comfortable on the back of your hand. Also, keep a distance of at least 20 centimeters between your hair and the blow-dryer.
- Tip 2: Especially for people with fine hair, the blow-dryer should be set on the lowest air stream setting. This will help you avoid tangling your hair.
- Tip 3: Make sure to blow-dry every hair strand from the roots to the tips. This technique will provide smooth, shiny and well-protected hair.
- Tip 4: Blow-dry your hair with constant movement to avoid applying too much heat on one single spot. To assist with this, you can divide your hair up into several segments with large hair clips or grips. Always work your way up from the neckline to the crown of your head.
- Tip 5: Use a heat protectant spray and apply it before blow-drying your hair. A good example: got2b heat protectant spray − it protects the hair and helps you create soft and flexible styles.
- Tip 6: Avoid blow-drying your hair right after washing it. You should allow your hair to dry naturally under a towel turban for 15 minutres before blow-drying it. If you are in a hurry, use a lower temperature with a high air stream setting.
- Tip 7: Use a diffuser attachment. It spreads out an even air stream and prevents exposure of individual strands. For more elastic hair, briefly apply the cool air stream setting at the end.