05-Feb-2016 Scottsdale / USA
First-ever Big Game stain survey by Persil ProClean
Henkel’s Persil ProClean has high scores as a stain expert. Now, in anticipation of the upcoming Super Bowl, Persil ProClean is getting to the bottom of the most stubborn stains of the viewers with a survey.
With Super Bowl 50 kicking off on February 7, over 100 million football fans are expected to be cheering in front of a TV. Whether with wings or a drink to start the event: the world’s biggest football competition doesn’t just leave behind traces on players’ shirts. Persil ProClean offers US consumers a premium clean – and now, in a survey of 10,000 American consumers, has investigated the greatest laundry challenges created by watching the Big Game.
Among the trends identified, Persil found that:
- Almost 2/3 of participants (64%) had spilled food on their clothes while watching The Big Game or attending a party for the game.
- 41% of participants who spilled food on their clothes while watching the Big Game found barbecue to be the toughest stain to remove.
- 73% of participants who spilled food on their clothes credited the stain to “Not paying attention while eating/too focused on the game.”
- 88% of participants who spilled food on their clothes admitted causing the spill themselves.
- Over half of the participants (53%) had spilled beverages on their clothes while watching the Big Game or attending a party for the game.