United Kingdom, Hemel Hempstead, Beauty Care
Commercial Strategy and Planning Graduate
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
We are looking for a graduate to join our Commercial Excellence Beauty Care team. The Commercial Excellence function essentially acts as the conduit between Marketing and Sales. You will be supporting the Commercial Strategy & Planning Controller to deliver the commercial plan for the business optimising the way in which we bring our brands to market while tailoring to channels thus unlocking growth and new distribution for our brands.
This one-year programme is designed to develop knowledge and expertise across a wide range of skills in the commercial space to include promotional evaluation and optimisation, pack plan architecture, pricing and optimising trade terms with retailers. The programme will include 1-day work rotations in other departments; group training; online learning; and opportunities to present internally.
- Support the development of our commercial strategy with an aim on enhancing both sales and profit (net revenue management)
- Shadow the creation of a commercial and channel plans including all elements of the 4 P’s (Product, Price, Place and Promotion)
- Help implement the plan to the sales teams with the Commercial Strategy & Planning controller
- Contribute to the development of specific channel plans for the designate category
- Support the development and implementation of UK based channel strategy
- Work with the category/marketing teams to support the delivery of growth with selected customers
- Support the development of strong commercial toolkits to deploy to sales teams with clear execution standards for our brand activation plans by channel
- Understand how P&Ls support the development of commercial strategies
- Combines a variety of different data sources to help build commercial strategies e.g. dunnhumby & IRI
- Degree educated, or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Maths, Engineering, or Stats
- Highly numerate and a good understanding of P&Ls
- Positivity and a high energy level
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and to learn
- Good judgement and creative thinking with a positive sense of initiative
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Can work as part of a wide team
- Highly proficient on excel