United Kingdom, Hemel Hempstead, Beauty Care
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join as a Category Manager.Reporting into the Category Management Controller, your key objectives will be to execute and deliver our category management objectives within the UK Henkel Beauty Care division. Working across our Hair Care and Body care brands across our key trade sectors (grocers, drugstores, discounters, online).
Responsible for ‘co’-defining and implementing Category strategies with Henkel’s customers across Haircare, Hair colourants and Styling. Proactively deliver compelling insights and category arguments that give confidence to our stakeholders both internal and external that as category experts Henkel understands how to drive long term sustainable category growth. Working closely with the retailers to deliver category thought leadership challenging conventional thinking to co create inspiring 3-year Category Vision, Drivers and Tactics to gain advantage for our brands and drive sustainable, profitable growth.
We collaborate as strong teams:
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships, Influence internally and external stakeholders and work in a collaborative manner.
- Ensure clear understanding of customer dynamics, inspiring and giving confidence to our key retailer partners.
- Gain agreement from others to support ideas or take action using fact-based recommendations. Establish and work to continually improve productive long-term relationships.
- Ensure that category is at the heart of Trade Days by working within a cross functional team to create actionable category, customer & shopper insight driven plans.
We act as Entrepreneurs:
- Challenge conventional thinking and ways of working, work with team to proactively look for new exciting ways to drive category growth.
- Question when things could be done better, take appropriate risks and learn from mistakes.
-Proactively monitor, evaluate and analyse customer performance against our competitive set and categories. Identify opportunities and risks to proactively take to key stakeholders.
We own our results:
- Be accountable. Set clear and achievable targets.
- Propose ideas to drive category performance grounded in insight
-Identify the big wins for Henkel, the customer & the category, short, medium & long term and prioritise own work plan accordingly
- Be the voice of the category and customer internally, ensure customer insight is at the heart of all Henkel decision making
-Define the “so what” from the data, taking insights forward to create a compelling customer story and tangible action using an array of sources.
We develop people with passion:
- Acting as a role model, ensuring everything you do is in line with our values, putting the shopper at the heart of everything we do.
- Creating a healthy, engaged and inclusive working environment that is sustainable over time.
Co-develop ongoing, Sell & Execute 3-year Category Strategy for competitive advantage in key customers
- Work with the retailers to co-develop an inspiring 3-year Category Vision, Drivers and Tactics, challenge conventional thinking, and think outside the norm.
- Work closely with Marketing to Identify required shopper behaviour changes and to implement the tactics that sit behind individual growth drivers.
- Work with wider Commercial Excellence team to evolve a rolling 3-year Category Vision, Drivers and Tactics.
- Work in conjunction with Commercial Strategy and Planning to populate Tool kits i.e. ROS, Range ladders etc.
- Develop and implement customer facing range strategies.
- Become the voice of the shopper & customer internally at Henkel during the business planning process e.g. SKU rationalization
- Become the voice of the retailer internally as part of Annual Planning (feeding in Retailers strategies, range review timings etc)
- Champion collecting & integrating ongoing insights/analysis (shopper, category, channel & customer) leading to compelling and selling commercial propositions.
- Ensuring that category plans are integrated, understood and supported externally by key customers.
- Lead development and implementation of optimal ranges and planogram solutions for Henkel brands within assigned category across key prioritised customers that meet the needs of the category strategy including post range review analysis.
- Responsible for delivering value to customers through relevant category/shopper/ customer/consumer insights and Henkel initiatives that unlock value growth for the customer/shopper and category.
•Fully conversant with the latest principles in category management.
•Degree educated with at least 5 years experience in a Category Management position in an FMCG environment (H&B experience an advantage).
•Analytical and highly skilled in the effective use of mulitple data sources to build category stories.
•Requires strong strategic planning skills and the ability to develop thought out plans.
•Strength in stakeholder engagement and bringing others on the journey.
•An effective communicator, with highly impactful presentation skills
•Commercial acumen; proven track record of making sound decisions with awareness for business needs.Henkel embraces and supports flexible working and we are therefore open to consider any specific requests. Please talk to us during the interview process so we fully understand your needs.